A Saturday in Stonehenge and Bath!

Yesterday was absolutely fabulous! I went to Stonehenge and Bath with the Social Programme. We had to meet the bus down at the Embankment stop at 8:30am. It’s about a 2 hour drive to Stonehenge which is where we went first. It is really cool to see in person and I got some awesome photos!

image

image

image

It was freezing cold and I was so glad to have my hat!! Also, there is a little  coffee hut near the entrance so everyone was grabbing a hot drink and a bite to eat before we hopped on the bus to head over to Bath!! 

Bath was by far one of the favorite places I have been so far. I was unaware that it was an entire town area and it just beautiful. We only had two hours there which is not nearly enough time so my flatmate and I are talking about heading back over on a weekend. 

The first thing we did was actually go see the Roman Bath which has numerous parts. First we were given a token to get in:

image

image

and lalala you’re waiting for entry:

image

First thing you get to see is the main bath from the top:

image

image

Then you get to go down into the basement and temple area that was just discovered and repaired in the 80s:

image

And then back out to the main bath from the bottom:

image

image

image

How cool is this picture? This is where the water rushes into the main bath and you can walk across it. 

After we explored the Roman bath we had some time to grab lunch and explore the town. It was such a pretty town with main stream shops as well as personal shops..you could spend all day there, it was upsetting to only get one hour! So we HAVE to go back.

image

image

image

image