I really do. Okay, so Bilbao is a city but it doesn’t seem as hectic or dirty as the cities in America. I don’t like comparing, but let’s compare a few things.
- First, it is so clean here; yes they smoke a lot (it’s Europe) but the streets are pretty clean. The metro is so nice, extremely nicer than the ones in DC (haven’t been on the ones in NYC). The downfall is that it ends Sunday to Thursday at like 10:45pm and Friday and Saturday it runs all night.
- People stare a lot and it’s a little strange. I mean different; it’s part of their culture, which I can get use to because they’re basically admiring me (that’s what I’m telling myself!).
- Bilbao is near a river (Ria de Bilbao) and a 30 minute metro ride to the ocean/Bay of Biscay! DC isn’t really near a body of water…
- DC is probably twice the size of Bilbao. It also isn’t very well know, so when tourist visit they stick out like a sour thumb!
- Continuing off that… DC is so diverse I love that so much! You basically get food from everywhere. I would never be homesick.
- Bilbao is pretty safe. I think the professors keep telling us to not go to this part of town that is far south but other than that it’s quite safe! Ehh DC is safe if you know people from there and familiarize yourself with DC. Then you will know what parts are not safe, like the SW region!
- Everyone in DC basically knows some kind of english. Bilbao’s main language is Spanish or wait is it Basque? Yeah either way it is not my native language. I could learn, but Basque is a whole other language! Wahh!!
I just adore cities. The idea of walking around to a shop and saving money (that I do not have) sounds awesome and possible. And cute shops are everywhere! I want to live in one after college! Who wants to join me!? (: Anyway, school here is really cheap but the job situation here sucks. So I would love to go to Medical school there and then move back to the US and find a job! That’s possible right? Yeah, let’s do that!