Johannesburg

I’m sitting in the lobby of the airport guest house in Johannesburg, after an incredibly long flight.  I don’t really have much to say, because really, all I did was sit there forever. We stopped in Dakar, Senegal, which even the runway seemed completely Africa (also, we got to see a nice sunrise there), and then approaching Johannesburg, looking out the window, it was exactly as I imagined it.  Can’t explain why, but it was.  Got to see the sunset there… I’ve ordered a pizza that I’m now waiting for, and it’s actually quite chilly here! Winter and all that.  Anyways, not much to say.  I’m not even sure how I’m feeling– numb is perhaps apt? It’s happening. I’m underprepared (surprise!), but I’ll survive and figure it out… Also, I’m wearing glasses, which I haven’t done in years, and they’re weird. Especially earlier, when I put my hair in a bun, I looked like a librarian.  I don’t like how they feel so far away from my eyes, and it’s trippy having things out of focus outside of the frames.  They will be easier than contacts, though– it was nice being able to just take them off in my seat when I was going to sleep, rather than having to go to the bathroom…. I don’t think I’ll be able to get online for a while (probably a week at least), so thought I’d update now.