Don’t worry be happy!

My motto for the month!
Last night Karolina and I went to Sopelana: an all night (literally from like 8pm to 10am) street party. There were about 7 or 8 different DJ or music groups performing and plenty of fireworks with people selling stuff on the streets. And around every corner you saw a group of people either drinking Calemocho (coke and wine) by the liter or smoking whatever( you fill in the blank)!! I’ve never seen anything like this in America. There were just so many people out the ying yang. Street after street of people and not like 10 people but like 100s per street. It was crowded but amazing. Apparently, this happens every weekend at different stops on the metro! thats crazy and thats a lot of money being spent drinking and smoking! But I guess it’s their culture? Ehhh let’s pull that card?! Anyways, I’m glad to say I’ve experienced that haha.
Could you even imagine that happening in America? We would all die of overuse or something, because we wouldn’t be able to handle ourselves. We just could not be civilized at all! Think about it: A party 3 days a week every week for like 12 hours a day during the summer too.. Right!

This morning, I woke up around noon and I didn’t see my host mom so I ate some corn flakes, a strawberry yogurt and two cookies — breakfast of a champion. Anyways, I went back to my room to journal and the next things I knew my host mom, María, made me pasta salad with turkey and chicken, fish (not that good but I tried it) with sauce and a piece of baguette. It was such a great siesta. I was surprised, mainly because she was gone all weekend and I didn’t notice that she was in the house! But now I’m going to a café con Karolina and read!
Adiós personas!